Tuition & Financial Aid
Early decision applications are due on November 15 — apply for Financial Aid by November 10 to meet this deadline.
Franklin is committed to supporting students who wish to have an independent school education regardless of their family’s financial circumstances. And, as a central part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we strive to enroll a qualified student body with diverse talents, interests, cultures, and backgrounds. Recipients of financial aid must reapply each year, and our award decisions are based on demonstrated need.
The annual tuition for Franklin is $29,500, of which all founding families will receive $3,000 each year towards the cost of classes and programs offered through Franklin’s network of affiliations and partners for the duration of their child’s enrollment.
Transportation, lunch, formal testing fees (ACT/SAT), college applications, tutoring, trips, and textbooks are not included in the tuition.
*Please note that tuition does not include a new student registration fee of $1,500, and a fee for annual materials, labs, books of $975.
Additional Considerations for Families Applying for Financial Aid
It is our philosophy that families bear the primary responsibility for financing the education of their children. Financial aid decisions are based on demonstrated need. All financial aid applications are reviewed confidentially, comprehensively, and individually. We use the TADS financial aid application system to help us fairly evaluate award decisions. There are no specific benchmarks for income levels to qualify for financial aid. Providing additional narrative details in the application will assist the Financial Aid Committee to understand any extenuating circumstances that are unique to your family.
Financial Aid Application Checklist
- Check the financial aid box on your admissions application in Ravenna. We suggest submitting your Financial Aid application along with your admissions application.
- Complete the TADS online application. Create a login and in the school drop down list choose Jersey City, Franklin School.
- If separated and/or divorced, each parent must submit a separate TADS application. Separate applications will be kept confidential.
- Single household applications should represent the total household finances; domestic partners, step-parents and non-custodial parents must also submit financial information either together or separately.
- We encourage families to use the narrative section to note unusual expenses, family structures, or other relevant information and circumstances.
- As a part of the TADS application, you will need to upload your two most recent years of tax returns including W-2’s, Form 1040’s, and business returns, if applicable. Estimated income and expenses for the next school year are acceptable in the TADS application.
- Financial aid awards will be sent at the same time as acceptances. Franklin must receive all Financial Aid materials via the online platform in order to give you full consideration for Financial Aid for the 2022-23 school year.
- To secure a financial aid award, a signed contract and deposit are required at the time of enrollment.
In addition to financial aid, Franklin offers several different payment plan options for families. If you have any questions regarding the Financial Aid process, please email email@example.com.