Franklin’s robust athletics program provides students with the opportunity to develop and hone their skills as they explore and pursue their passions for sports. Whether participating in an individual sport or collaborating with teammates, our students will build resilience and character, hone their athletic abilities, and compete on the playing field — all while gaining valuable leadership experience that will serve them in the classroom and in all aspects of their lives.
Our programs for student-athletes are designed by professional coaches and athletes to foster physical and mental well-being and first-class skill preparation.
We are delighted to have state-of-the-art facilities through our partnership with New Jersey City University (NJCU), which are simply unparalleled for a high school:
- 2,000-seat basketball and volleyball arena
- 25-yard swimming and diving pool
- Soccer field and 3,000-seat grass stadium
- Elevated track (tenth-of-a-mile)
- Fully-equipped exercise and fitness center
Our athletic programs for the 2022-23 school year span three seasons and include:
- Basketball (boys and girls)
- Soccer (boys)
- Swimming (co-ed)
- Volleyball (girls)
Our athletic programs are open to all Franklin students who want to practice or participate regardless of their playing status.
A Franklin student-athlete is:
- Resilient and self-aware
- An ambassador for sportspersonship
- Adept at balancing athletics with academics
- Goal-orientated and reflective
- Physically and mentally prepared
- Tenacious and committed to achieving their personal best
- A dedicated, collaborative team member
- A collegial, respectful competitor
Brad Greenman started coaching baseball and basketball in 2007, serving as the Assistant Athletic Director, Head Varsity Baseball Coach, and PE teacher at Gill St. Bernard’s School for four years.
Eric Harrield served as the Athletic Program Manager for Success Academy, designing comprehensive basketball programs for the New York network, following his stint coaching St. Anthony High School's freshman basketball team.